Friday, October 7, 2011

When you walk in the door--comment

For whatever reason the comment function on this blog is being a little, well, challenging...so those in the know just email their comments and I post!

Here's a comment from Meg:

 
I have to say for myself, a fellow introvert, there are times when I specifically chose to attend the BIG church because I know I will blend in, and not be noticed. Not that I need to be invisible; it’s more of a “I’m having a Jesus moment here; please respect the bubble” kind of thing. It’s more of an inward worshiping time. I think many of us (dare I say…. You and I?) have been more involved with the other, the outward worshiping, how to present it, how to smile enough, but not to much, and the socially engaging part. Both have their benefits, and both are needed I think. When I need the space I go to the big church. When I need loves and hugs I go to the small church.
 
That being said, I agree about a warm welcome. All.The.Way. With the understanding of course, that there are ‘welcoming’ people who are so OVER zealous in their greeting/creeping that people will never walk back in for that reason too.
 
Tricky course it is. Amen and Yay! To the wide variations of churches, denominations, services, worship styles, music styles, and personalities. I believe God is alive and well in all of them. That’s good news. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment