Thursday, December 15, 2011

I think I'm on a theme here...


I was reading a blog post by someone else who made mention of the use of projection systems in churches.  The comment was in the negative.  Clearly the use of a projection system vs. hymnals and bulletins was not something this particular blogger appreciated.  That got me to wondering, though, what happened when hymnals and bulletins were introduced into churches?


See, I'm pretty sure that at one point in time everyone who joined together to worship were expected to memorize all the songs, the order of how the worship time flowed, not to mention memorizing chapter and verse of the Bible.  I wonder when hymnals, Bibles and bulletins made the scene, was there an uproar in the church?  Did some people reject the new things in favor of the traditional things?  Did church leaders fear that the old ways would be lost and so therefore put up a stink about using hymnals, Bibles and bulletins?  I wonder if someone along the way said something like "if we want to attract the generations to come, we need to make these changes".

I wonder...




No comments:

Post a Comment